Why marry in church?
Churches are special places and there are some things about a church wedding that you just can’t get anywhere else..
A church is so much more than simply a venue for your wedding. Unique and special things become part of your marriage, on the day itself and beyond:-
• A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. The ceremony includes God and looks to him for help and guidance. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
• You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. You can only make vows this big in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together. God and your church are there for you to help you keep your vows.
• The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful.
• Church buildings offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
• Church buildings offer centuries of history. Imagine all the couples who have married in your local church, some of whom may well be your family. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself, the bigger plan, by marrying in the same place as your relatives. We know these sorts of connections can make your day even more special.
• You can be involved in making choices about your ceremony. You can even use our online ceremony planner to get you started.
St Andrew’s Church, Kinson
• For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as ‘peaceful’, ‘serene’, or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
• And after your wedding, you’ll realise that a church is more than simply a wedding venue. We’ll always be here for you.
St Andrew’s Kinson also offers:
– A Service of Prayer and Dedication after a Civil Marriage
– A Service of Thanksgiving – Renewal of Vows
Should you require any further information concerning marriage in the Church of England, please visit: www.yourchurchwedding.org
Should you wish to contact us about a church wedding at
St Andrew’s Kinson, please call: 01202 570010
Below are some documents that will be useful to you in order to check if you qualify to be get married at St Andrew’s and also Marriage Application form for you to complete and return to St Andrew’s Church Centre. Please note that you will need to meet with a member of the clergy team before your marriage date will be booked.